Wednesday 15 May 2013

#BEDM - Life lessons

I've found this topic quite difficult to write about, the past few days have been quite emotional and I'm finding it hard to find a positive life lesson to share with you. Warning...this is an emotional one!

Passion and dedication will only get you so far in life
Sometimes is really hurts to be told you're not good at something, it hurts even more when that thing is the one thing you really love. I have always been passionate about my education and my dedication unwavering. I found it soul destroying when I put all my time and effort into a piece of work and all I ever got back was 'this is not good enough' or 'please redo' in high school I frequently got this in Maths and it's really affected my confidence. I panic at the slightest mention of maths, all those feelings of not being good enough come flooding back. I really hate failing at something I have tried really hard at.

Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it (oh yes that is the lion king)

This refers more to my experiences of my parents separation and divorce. I like to think I have learnt from my parents mistakes and the mistakes I made during that time as well. It took me quite a while to face some of my demons from that time, my sixth form tutor was really good and helping me through it all when I decided I was ready to face them. I learnt a lot from myself  both good and bad. Even though the past can hurt I think it's good to look back every now and again to see how far you have come.

Be happy and Kick ass
This is my new mantra in life and probably the most positive mantra I have had in awhile  I accept that like is going to throw some shit my way and I will tackle that as and when I need to, but for now I'm enjoying what I have because I've had worse, I've seen worse and I've been worse in life. So everyday I walk out my door with a smile on my face ready to kick ass at whatever I am doing.


Okay, so we ended on a positive note, not too bad.


Keep it scrimpy
Laura.

3 comments:

  1. I may have to join you in this way of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your time at Bangor will be the best days of your life - enjoy being happy and kicking ass!

    I only get to spend 3 days a year in Bangor these days, but they're the 3 best days of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right about the second one (all three of them, really). My parents are divorced too and I recognize what you're saying, it all gets so much better once you realise you can only learn from such a situation.

    ReplyDelete