Sunday 19 May 2013

#BEDM - Traditions

Like most of the posts I've read on this topic today, my tradition is food related. For me this is the tradition I miss most. In our house this died out years ago, every now and again when we are feeling nostalgic and we have the house to ourselves the Mother and I indulge ourselves.

Every Saturday night me and my mum used to snuggle up on the sofa with several trays of cheese, crackers, pickles, salad and veggie sticks. This weekly ritual was our quality time together, we would snuggle up and watch casualty eventually, over the years the dog joined us and we were a trio.

Cheeseboards usually outshone my pathetic attempt.

The sad thing about this tradition dying out was that it also meant I was growing up, having friends over for sleepovers or staying at their houses. I think the killer blow for this was when I got my first job.

I know this has been very short and sweet but please forgive me I do have an exam tomorrow and I need some sleeps. Night all!



Keep it scrimpy
Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment