Friday 10 May 2013

#BEDM My Travel Dreams

As a Geographer I feel it's in my blood to want to travel, to see the world and all things that make it so beautiful.

Yes I would love to travel to New York and see a broadway show, visit the empire state building or go shopping in bloomingdales. Yes I would love to go and visit the lovely Erica over in Massachusetts again. Yes I would love to find Mr Romantic who would sweep me off my feet and take me to Paris where we would dine in the finest restaurants and dance all night long.

But what I dream of most is the oh so beautiful sunny and tranquil island of Kefalonia. Most famous for being the setting of Captain Corelli's Mandolin, a film where the donkeys got paid more than the extras.

Probably the most famous image of the island is of Myrtos Beach. It is often given the title of most photographed beach in Europe

What seems like forever ago now my Godparents moved out to Kefalonia and everytime we go out to see them I fall in love with the place a little more. When we first starting going out there it was quite cheap, now with the state of the greek economy and the exchange rate mixed with the fact more people seem to have discovered this little gem it has gone very expensive.

My dream would be to go back out there before I finish uni, it isn't a big party place packed with clubs but that's why I love it, it's so relaxing and the people are just so lovely.

Anyway enough of me dreaming, back to reality, it's GeogSoc summer ball tonight and I need to get ready.


Keep it scrimpy
Laura.


2 comments:

  1. thats my favourite book in the wholeeee world. i would love to go there! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. good choice. greece is so beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete