Sunday 12 May 2013

#BEDM- Collecting.


Firstly Happy Birthday to my sister Rachel who kicks ass and it totally amazing. 

On to today’s topic of collecting. I collect Rubber Ducks. It all started a few years ago when I was doing my GCSE’s, my friend Becky got me come colour changing rubber duckies for my birthday, then the next Christmas I got her a giant rubber duck and then from there we never looked back, every year for birthdays and Christmas we got each other duck related presents. Then we went to Italy on a geography trip in 6th form. We decided to both take a duck with us, I had brought Becky Jill when I was on a trip to london so we thought British themed ducks would be perfect to take with us. Let me introduce you to Jack and Jill

Here they are on our balcony in Italy



They went everywhere with us until Becky left Jill in Herculaneum by accident. We thought she was lost forever until we started getting strange emails from the duck! Next thing we knew Jill was off on her travels in Tenerife and The Cayman Islands, it didn't take us long to work out that the teachers had nabbed her and were having some fun of their own.

They somehow managed to take this photo of Jill on Mt Vesuvius without us seeing!


Over the years my collection has grown substantially, so much that I can’t fit them in my room at uni anymore, I have had to send some home, it was heartbreaking for me. However, I do still have Jack sitting in my window. Stupidly I don't have any photos of my full duck collection but I would say I own 40+ ducks currently and I hope the collection keeps on growing!


Keep it scrimpy
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment