Wednesday 8 May 2013

#BEDM- My First Job

I have had a job in some form or another for nearly 4 years now, currently I work at my local pub and I love it much unlike my first job

My First job was awful. I met some seriously amazing people that made the job tolerable. I worked at my local chinese restaurant, actually to be fair the job wasn't too bad. My manager was a bitch.

I was just 15 when Alex and I called in asking for jobs before our holiday to Turkey, turns out we both got 'interviews' (it was more of when can you start) and the job. Although we very rarely worked together, when we did we kicked ass!

Long story short, the place was very dodgy and very overpriced, about a year after I started working there I gained my food hygiene and safety certificate through my volunteer work and there were a few too many things wrong with that place for my liking.

The manager/owner was a total cow, while I accept that she does own the place and she did employ me so she was the boss but, the way she spoke to and treated some customers and even her own staff was totally unacceptable.

Anyway, I got the sack after a year and a half after I told her that she shouldn't push her daughter in to choosing the GCSE options that she wanted her to pick. Also, I think she found out that I had another job. From there I went the work at the Old Mill which was a much nicer atmosphere to work in.

Well that wasn't too much of a rant, could have gone worse. I feel really bad for these being text based posts but I don't have any photos of me from back then.


Keep it scrimpy
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment