Thursday 30 May 2013

#BEDM - Who Inspires You?

I've been contemplating this post all month, I already have a post about the women who inspire me in life so I thought I'd do a post about the men who have inspired me throughout my life and although the list is considerably shorter here it is...

Teachers- I never really had male teachers through out primary school and in high school it took until sixth form until I was truly inspired by these guys.

Mr Burton - My Alevel geography teacher, I loved his enthusiasm and his teaching style. He always embraced my enthusiasm for the subject and tirelessly marked an endless amount of essays for my during revision. He also put up with a few of my emotional wobbles and I'm always grateful to anyone who puts up with that.

Mr Lloyd -  My Alevel biology teacher, I found his dedication to the job quite amazing, after some health problems we all thought we would have to say bye to his as our teacher but he came bouncing back and as far as I know he's still there teaching now. Plus we cooked bacon in the science labs once, it was amazing, not too sure what health and safety would have said about it though


Mr Wishart- My Alevel politics teacher, most people are totally terrified of Wishy in lower school, quite rightly, if you ever got shouted at by him then whole building would hear about it. Scary as he is in lower school he's just a big softy really, in lower school you don't really get his sense of humor but when you get to 6th form, boom, he's brilliant!

Teachers aside there are some other people who deserve a mention

Dennis Arrowsmith - He taught be a lot about life, sadly he passed away last year. When my parent split up I wasn't on good terms with my grandparents and Dennis was like my Granddad, he would look after me during school holidays and we would have a full roast dinner everyday. I will always be grateful to him as it's thanks to him that we have Lucky now, at first he was going to nip over in the day and let her out for us, instead he ended up having her over at his house everyday. When Viv (his wife) was away him and the dog would have a full dinner each, yea my dog would feast on sirloin steak and lamb chops while I was at school eating turkey Twizzlers.

My Dad - Goes without saying really, we are closer now than we have been for a while, we've had our ups and downs and probably many more to come but he's my dad and has made me the person I am today. Thanks Dad!


So there you have it, they men out there who have inspired me. It would be interesting to see who else makes an appearance on this list in a few years time.



Keep it scrimpy
Laura.




No comments:

Post a Comment