Monday 8 June 2015

A big announcement!

Firstly, I'm not pregnant, or engaged! I've kept this quite hushed for a while now but finally, it's all signed, sealed and official so I can announce my post uni plans to you all.

The education bit of my degree is over 100% defiantly over, after three years of lectures I've had enough and need a change so despite literally what I just said, Richard and I have extended our degrees by a year and transferred onto an international experience degree. From 24th July we will be heading to the Czech Republic for a year to work on an organic farm.

Huck who owns the farm, also has a couple of horses and I'm really excited to be getting back in the saddle and really working on my riding skills. I got some experience last week when I went to stay with my friend Jo who works on a horse yard, mucking out, riding and cleaning tack, which was really therapeutic once I worked out how to put it back together!

'Can I have a sugar lump please?'
Also, Huck has sheep, which means lambs in the spring and frolicking lambs are literally the cutest things ever, spring will be amazing!

Flights and insurance are now booked I've started shopping and I'm so excited to go.

If anyone has links to any Czech blogs then please do share!

Keep it Scrimpy,
Laura.

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering what you were going to do after Bangor and this looks like a fantastic opportunity not to be missed.

    I look forward to your updates from your travels. Take lots of photos and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definatly plan to keep you all updated, I'm tempted to dabble with vlogging as well :)

      Delete
  2. Wow what an awesome experience that sounds like. Good for you for giving it a go.

    ReplyDelete