Wednesday 23 April 2014

A much needed break and some desperately needed cocktails.

So life has been a little quiet on the blogging front, every other bit on life has been far too busy! Easter came at exactly the right time this year, frankly it has been an awful semester and I was in desperate need of a break so I took a week off from my mountain of work and hopped on a plane to Corfu with Richard.

We booked about two weeks before we went,we found the deal on icelolly.com and I spent the whole day calling various companies trying to get us the best deal possible, we added transfers and insurance which we found ourselves (NEVER get this through the holiday company, it's way more expensive) and ended up with a week in an all inclusive hotel in Gouvia, Corfu. We stayed at a lovely hotel called the Aquis Park Hotel, I would definitely recommend staying here, some people were complaining about the food but we thought it was lovely! Also the cocktails were amazing!

A little cloudy (and wonky) I know but a decent size pool, always sun beds available! 
It was an amazing week away, Corfu is a beautiful island. If you ever find yourself there on a self catering basis get yourself to Corfu town where there is a beautiful fresh food market at very reasonable prices. I also some how managed to convince Richard to get on a horse, something most people thought I would never do!

Here's the proof!


My holiday is pretty much summed up by the photo below...

Both mine!


Have you booked a 'cheap getaway'? What did you think?

Keep it Scrimpy,
Laura.


6 comments:

  1. I've never been to Corfu, but if there's trekking to be had, I'm in. I haven't been on a horse in far too long. Looks like a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a beautiful island! We used http://www.trailriderscorfu.com/ , they picked us up from our hotel and provided drinks for during and after the ride.

      Thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  2. Im hoping to book a cheap last minute holiday away with my boyfriend to somewhere beautiful and sunny. After a super stressful second semester I feel like we need a holiday before hitting third year which is going to be a killer! :)
    I'd love to visit Corfu it looks lovely, glad you had a lovely time.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, you definitely deserve it! I would definitely recommend Corfu though.

      Thanks for reading :)
      xxx

      Delete
  3. At the end of my second year I headed to Ibiza for a couple of weeks. I went back for ten years on the trot and a few more times since. Showing my age now, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to head back to Corfu

      Thanks for reading :)
      X

      Delete