Monday 21 January 2013

Blue Monday- Pound Land Shopping Spree

So it's Blue Monday? Not in my little world!

This morning I gave my blog a bit of a face lift, what do you guys think?

Then came the exciting bit, I went to collect my post, every thing I had nabbed in the online sales I got sent here to uni, it was like a second christmas! My sex and the city DVDs arrived plus Joey season 1 (I'm finishing season 9 of friends soon so this is next on my list to watch). I still have a few things left to arrive.


Finally I had a little package from the lovely people at Poundland  I found out after christmas that I had won their Pintrest Christmas Competition so today I got my £250 of Poundland Vouchers! I nearly cried when I found out I had won, I didn't quite believe the email at first, £250 is a lot of money for anyone but for a student WOW!


So... What was the logical thing to do next? (after a Bacon sandwich) SHOPPING SPREE!
And what a spree it was, I managed to spend £40... £40 In Poundland, I couldn't quite believe I managed it, I thought I had the whole shop by the time I finished, here is just a selection of what I ended up with.

There is loads of hair and make up stuff here so once I have used them I shall report back.

Then to top off my day we had the arrival of a new flat mate as Tina, our German exchange student, had gone home. Our new flatmate is from Paris, she's just settling in at the moment but she seems really nice and sweet. Just when I thought my day couldn't get any better look who showed up!


I hope Blue Monday wasn't too blue for all of you.

Keep it scrimpy.
Laura


4 comments:

  1. You get to buy 250 things from Poundland? That's about half the shop. It'll take you ages! I'd have LOVED those vouchers in my freshers year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only downside it that I only have 6 months to spend them :(

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing prize! I pop into Poundland quite often, you don't need to be a student to appreciate common sense shopping! Bit of a bum that you've got to spend it all in 6 months, could have at least been a year to give you time. Enjoy shopping!

    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving it, I went back today to do a 'food shop' in there, to be honest I didn't know Poundland stocked the amount of food they do.


      x

      Delete