Friday 25 January 2013

#twittersisters

Last night I took part in my first #twittersisters, people who follow me on twitter (@scrimpystudent) may have noticed a slight increase in tweets., Sessions are held every Thursday between 8.30-9.30pm. Thankyou to everyone how took part it was an amazing experience.

I found out about twitter sisters from Sarah over at sadexcuseofagirl her post about #twittersisters can be found here (head over there for the ins and outs of it, she knows more than me). So a massive thankyou to her.

So what is #twittersisters?
#twittersisters is a twitter hashtag used by ladies from all over the UK to promote their blog/business/services. The aim is to help independent and small business gain more followers and hopefully make some sales. I love the idea of a small independent business and although I do love bargain chain stores such as poundland I do love the quirky things you can only find in independent stores.

Even though I have only taken part in one session so far I have seen the results, I have loads more twitter followers and I can see the views increase throughout the hour .

I met some really lovely people during the hour and I would like to share some of them with you guys.



Becky is a blogger who blogs about lingerie! I didn't even know people blogged about that kind of thing, but here she is! Becky is a lovely Yorkshire lass whose crusade to find well fitting bras had developed to a full blown lingerie obsession. Her blog is a very interesting read and her current post 'What is Curvy? is great food for thought


Emily who runs miss magpie designs has to be one of the most talented people I have met in a long time. She is self-taught which I find even more amazing. Miss magpie was started in 2012 selling just greetings cards but had now expanded to selling pet portraits and animal prints. Her main focus is on birds and her drawings really are beautiful.
How cute is this little guy!?

She has an amazing range of Valentines day cards and very good prices 
If anyone would like to send me one of these for valentines day the puffin one is my fave.


Nappy Cakes By Laura
This lovely lady (who has a very nice name) makes Nappy cakes, these are fantastic and make amazing gifts for any expecting parent, the lovely Laura is based in Blackpool. The large cakes such as the one above are £45 however they start at only £10. They contain blankets, nappies, shampoo, brushes,socks, baby grows and towels. Feel free to give this lovely lady a tweet


Strange fruit
Strange fruit is a home run business that sells some the nicest greetings cards I have ever seen. It was set up by Denise and her husband Cory in east London  The name Strange fruit comes from a poem that I found quite hard to digest.


Their cards have a very vintage/retro feel to them, some are made from recycled materials and most have a quote of some kind on them.

This is my fave card the quote on it says Courage doesn't always roar. 
 "Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow."  Mary Anne Radmacher. 
I love the quote they use on they cards, they are really meaningful.


Thankyou so much to all those who took part in #Twittersisters see you all next week!





Keep it scrimpy
Laura.



5 comments:

  1. Love this Laura!
    #twittersisters really is a fab way to network, make friends & develop your business/blog! Every Thursday i literally can not wait for 8.30 to take part!
    S xx
    www.sadexcuseofagirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of #twittersisters will have to check it out next Thurs ;)
    Thanks

    Lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post :-) Thank you for the spot! Looking forward to the next #twittersisters!

    Emily a.k.a Miss Magpie Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay, shall the little ducky be making an appearance in your etsy shop anytime soon?

      X

      Delete
    2. He certainly shall...he's part of my upcoming Mother's day range, but the designs will all be up mid Feb :-) x

      Delete