Thursday 31 January 2013

Scrimpy Valentines

So that wonderful day of the year is arriving soon, you know that one day a year where even the most hate ridden couples pay a fortune to express their mutual liking for each other. Yea, I'm not a fan of valentines day. Massive con. Whatever.Okay, the fact I shall be spending it on my own (AGAIN) tucking into a box of choccys I had kindly donated to myself crying into my pillow while watching sex and the city might have something to do with it. But enough about me, for you lucky lucky people who do have a special someone to spend the day with I do have a few scrimpy valentines day ideas for you to try out.


I did this for my fella one year and he thought it was really sweet. 
All I did was take some images from the glorious internet and add some meaningful captions, I then put all these images onto a digital photo frame, wrapped the frame up and gave it to him. He had no idea what was on it and was really surprised.
Digital photo frames can be picked up relatively cheaply nowadays then once you have that all you need is to put in some time. For me those are the best kind of presents, when you can tell someone has put in time and effort.
This is the kind of soppy crap I used.


Write a letter- I have done this before as well, on a year when we both agreed not to do anything. All you need is some paper and a pen, nothing fancy, I find with these, the simpler the better.

101 reasons why I love you-There are loads of things you could do with this from making confetti, each with one of those reasons on and scattering them on the bed sheets or using them as a trail to...something else...to writing them on post-it-notes and sticking them all over the house so she finds them throughout the day.

Sweets/choccys- Okay this is a classic but BE VERY CAREFUL if you choose this. I had a boyfriend and for the two valentines days I was with him he got me was a cadbury milk chocolate tray, I loathe them now. With that little warning aside if you must buy chocolates at least don't throw them at her in the box they came in, get a pretty box and put a bow on top.

Cook dinner- Why go out and pay stupid prices? Run her a bath giver her a glass of wine and let the lady (or man) relax, while the other half is out of the way cook up a beautiful dinner. I personally don't care what I eat, I just appreciate that someone had taken the time and effort to cook for me. Plus to keep it scrimpy why not try a few of these to really top off the meal.


I hope you enjoy these ideas, let me know if you try any. I hope you day goes a little better than Chandler's.



Keep it scrimpy.
Laura.


2 comments:

  1. Love your blog, following now! Keep in touch xx
    thedailysugar.blogspot.com

    & enter the amazing Msdressy giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ideas for a Valentine's Day on a budget - thank you for sharing :)

    I have nominated you for a Liebster Award - see more here http://treasureeverymoment01.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/ive-been-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete