Friday 11 January 2013

A Student's first christmas

Okay so it might be getting a little late for Christmas related blog post but I'm sill on my Christmas break until the 19th. All I have to say is that I'm 100% ready for my return to uni. Don't get me wrong Christmas was amazing but after nearly a month off I think I've had too much of a good thing.

While I have been back I have been so busy but at the same time I still have so much left to do. I have caught up with so many friends but I still have more people to see before I go back.

My mother is doing my head in now, at first it was really nice to be back home, having meals cooked for me, even the slight bit of nagging was welcome but now I miss my independence. I miss being able to do things my way and whenever I want to.

This Christmas has been a whole new experience and has made me realize exactly how much I have grown up while at uni, meeting up with some old friends made me realize how much they haven't grown up and that's been quite hard to adjust to and more than once I have had to face the fact that I'm just not going to keep in contact with some people, this has probably been the most important learning curve I have faced in 2012.

I have a new appreciation for 'family time' I really loved playing board games with the family, I have even got on with my sister for the majority of this holiday, I even might feel that I haven't seen enough of her (don't tell her that).

So while I anticipate my return to uni there are a few things I shall miss. My Sunday Chinese meal with the lovely Alex. A pub quiz most nights in the week. My dog. My wii. And finally my job.









p.s I have some exciting news for you soon.

Keep it scrimpy.
Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment