Thursday 5 November 2015

Recent reading

I'm a massive book worm. 

love books. Always have done. 



I used to get picked on in school for being a bookworm but now it's a badge I wear with pride and really it's something that I want to blog about more, I did a post here about a book haul back in May but my collection has grown considerably and I've been following some booktubers (is that the right word) I feel it might be time to step out of the bookworm closet and start bragging about my books starting with what I've been reading recently.

Charlotte Rogan- The lifeboat



Now this was a book that I really wanted to enjoy, it's about a newly widowed woman who is now on trial for murder after surviving a shipwreck. She spent two weeks in an overcrowded lifeboat, for everyone to survive people had to die, the two weeks play out for most of the book before switching to the trial. It had such potential! At times it was gripping but in the end it was just predictable which was kind of heartbreaking.

Sue Townsend - The Woman who went to bed for a year.


This whole book is literally summed up by the title. A middle aged woman with a cheating husband gives up on life and goes to bed for a year. Basically it was awful. It was the kind of book that I had to force myself to turn the page and power through to the end. I would not recommend it at all.

It seems like I've been on a book slump recently, any recommendations would be appreciated! 

Keep it scrimpy,
Laura. 

No comments:

Post a Comment