Tuesday 3 November 2015

BEDN- Food glorious food!

Lets take a moment to talk about everyone's favourite subject, food. More specifically Cake. While I'm usually more of a savoury girl (I do love a cheese board) I have a soft spot for cake.

I'm not going to lie to anyone, I'm an emotional eater. When I'm stressed I eat very little but if I'm feeling down cake and ice cream help to cheer me up. This definitely became most apparently durning my first year of uni. Food was my comfort when I missed home. I'd cook 'homely' food and the retreat to my room with cake, Ben and Jerry's and Bridget Jones. 

Operation cheer up Laura.

Cake is also acceptable on happier occasions like with cocktails. We've found a pretty awesome cafe here in Czech Republic which has quite the extensive cocktail and cake menu. It's my favourite place to spend a day off with a book. It's always very warm and cosy in there which is just what you need when it's frosty outside.

Cake and cocktails, two of my favorite 'C' words


Cake is the perfect partner to tea at anytime of the day but afternoon tea is wonderful. Richard and I have been on a few afternoon tea experiences both fancy and budget and they have for the most part been yummy. Tea, cake and sandwiches, you can't really go wrong.

All types of cake are appreciated but fancy cake makes me feel a little bit posh.
Finally baking cakes is just fun, they don't have to be fancy cakes. We once baked a slightly psychedelic looking cake when slightly drunk watching Gnomeo and Juliet. It was the end of uni and we needed to use up all the cake decorating supplies we had. This monster was the result. 

Some say sugar is bad for you, you don't need those kind of people in your life.

Don't you just love cake?!

Keep it scrimpy,
Laura. 


1 comment:

  1. I love cakes! Especially cheese and chocolate cakes. *salivating*

    ReplyDelete