Tuesday 4 December 2012

Scrimpy Secret Santa

Another Christmas post? Yup, I am spoiling you all!

A group of us had a Christmas meal last night at our local Weatherspoons. I ate so much I think I'm still full. The meal cost £12.25 for three courses and it was all delicious We also threw in Secret Santa, for those of you who haven't heard of it, everyone's name is written on a piece of paper and then each person picks someone at random. I got my friend Tim. So here is my super-scrimpy secret Santa present. The total price creeps in at just a smidgen over a fiver.


I like to call this my winter warmer set.


The ingredients
Spice Jars x3 - Poundstretcher - 75p each or 2 for £1
Large Mug- PoundLand- £1 (or you could use one you already have)
Hot chocolate powder- (I already had Cadburys in my cupboard)
Marsh-mellows- Poundland- £1
Baileys truffle bar- Iceland OR poundland- £1
Liquor Chocolate- PoundLand-£1
Hand warmer- PoundLand- £1
Baileys/Irish Cream- Lidil £3.99

Now I know this comes in over a Fiver BUT you don't use all the Baileys, only about 50p worth, nor do you use the whole bag of marsh-mellows.

Presentation-
Put the Baileys, hot chocolate, and marsh-mellows into the spice jars.
Put the Baileys and hot chocolate jars into the mug, the bar of baileys chocolate fitted beautifully into the mug as well..

Wrap the rest of the gifts separably and place into a gift bag.

If the recipient of the gift is under 18, leave out the Baileys and replace the liquor chocolates with non-alcoholic ones, maybe even some home-made cookies! You could also include some cream, however if you so, make sure they open it before the cream goes off!

Feel free to share any of your Scrimpy Secret Santa ideas

Keep it scrimpy.
Laura.





2 comments:

  1. Love the spice jar idea :) might have to have a hunt in my nearest Poundstretcher!

    http://thelittlejennywren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete