Saturday 29 December 2012

SALES! ASDA and Matalan

Sales are the perfect time for students to refresh the wardrobe. Today I had a quick look around the sales in George and Matalan. Both have produced some amazing bargains.

George ASDA

For my Non-British readers, ASDA is a supermarket here in the UK that has a clothes range called George. They supply affordable high quality clothing and it's always convenient to so some clothes shopping after the food shop.

Black vest shirt. This is quite long, covers the bum, I'm going be wearing it with my disco pants style leggings.
WAS £14 
NOW £7


I don't even know how to describe this. But it looks AMAZING on, it's a top with kinda bat wing sleeves, I shall post a photo on Instagram when I wear it. George now stock some ranges from designers, this one is Barbara Hulanicki
WAS £16
NOW £8

I got two of these, this burgundy one and a black one. I quite like these 'see through' tops at the moment, the duck tail back just covers the bum.
WAS £12
NOW £6



Now this... I LOVE this! I have had my eye on this baby since our new ASDA opened in Bangor. So when I saw it in the sales on thursday I was heartbroken that they didn't have my size, we went back today and they only had size 8 or 16. I asked a member of staff just in case they had a size 12 hiding in the back. Then a lovely woman recommended I try on the 16 anyway because George sizes can be a bit funny, so I slipped on the 16 and BOOM it fitted. I am now they very very proud owner of this...

WAS £12
NOW £6

They beauty of hitting the sales in supermarkets is that it isn't all about the clothes, I also picked up these...

This was suppose to be £10 (I think) but I snapped it up for just £2.50! 
80 different eye shadows for just £2.50! That's just 3p per eye shadow!

I picked up these for my Nan's Birthday at Easter, they were £5 and were down £2.50 


Matalan


Now I only picked up one thing from Matalan although GET YOURSELVES DOWN THERE! I was totally shocked at the till when I was allowed to use my student discount on sales items! 50% off PLUS another 10%? Yes please!

Checkered Shirt. I have been looking for one of these beauties for a while and at only £6 (without discount) I couldn't resist.

I really love shopping in matalan and unlike some other budget shops I find their clothes really do last. Matalan really does make fashion sense!

Have you nabbed any January sales bargains? 


Links
George-http://direct.asda.com/george/clothing/10,default,sc.html
Matalan-http://www.matalan.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment