Monday 17 December 2012

Christmas Jobs

So it's December and for most students this marks the time of the year when the student loan is running dangerously low or even worse has totally gone. Although, as they say, every cloud has a silver lining.

Christmas is the great time to grab yourself some extra money.

Part time work is great for student and at Christmas time everywhere seems to be employing temporary staff, so back in November when I was home I trotted off to my local pub and asked for a job, to my surprise they said 'When can you start' .

So tonight, I'm off to start my new job.

For those people who have a job already before uni before you go, ask if you would be welcome back at Christmas. Most bars and restaurants usually welcome back staff as this saves training someone new.

My best advice would be to go in and ask around in about November but if you can't got home send out some CVs and get your parents to hand them out.


Keep it scrimpy
Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment