Monday 10 December 2012

Budget Beauty

I got some total bargains last week, I picked up these beauties. Those of you following me on twitter or
Instagram (@scrimpystudent for both)  you caught a sneak preview of one of these products today.

poundland make up
poundland lip stain

For what seems like forever I have been hunting for some bright red lipstick that had all day staying power. At last I have found it. In poundland. Now, I'm always on the lookout for make up in poundland , I have had many Rimmel London Nail polishes from the place. So when I saw the two Nivea Extreme Resist lip colours and gloss, I couldn't resist. I grabbed a number 10 Scarlet-Red and 22 Pretty Berry. The other one I picked up was a Rimmel London Moisture renew lip gloss in 105 Pink Benefit.


First for the Nivea lippy's. Now, they aren't quite a lip stick, nor are they a gloss, they live somewhere in between. You apply the colour first let it dry for a few mins then whack on the gloss. The tube says it lasts for up-to 10 hours, I was dubious but boy does this stuff know how to stick to your face! Today I went shopping in Manchester  applied it at 8am, got back to Bangor at roughly 10.30pm and although it had faded a lot, it was still hanging in there!

Check out the before and after shots! (Wearing the Scarlet-Red)



Freshly applied



It didn't last well!
The first test of the day came, on the coach to Manchester  all I did was take my snood off, but usually I get bits of fluff sticking to my face, glad to say, no fluffy lips, no red rim on my drinks bottle. However in Starbucks, it did have a mild stumble. Although to be fair I didn't have to touch it up after this, there was still enough colour left on the lips. I really didn't think it could last 10 hours, 5 or 6 maybe if I didn't eat, drink, touch my face or smooch anything, I was so wrong.

lipstick on mug

Now as much as I do really love this and it will be making a regular appearance in my life, I do have a few faults to pick. As much as this stuff clings to your lips, it also clings to your skin. Good luck getting it off if you slip while putting the colour coat on. Also, it's a bitch to get off unless you have something hot/warm and oily (Won Ton soup). The gloss effect doesn't last as long as the colour, two hours tops. Finally after over 12 hours it left my lips feeling tired, dry and in need of some TLC.



The other product I purchased was the Rimmel London Moisture renew lip gloss in 105 Pink Benefit. I have owned the same product but in 585 Cherry Boost for a while now and they really do look after your lips. They contain SPF 15 do add some protection from the sun (not that we have sun in Bangor). They aren't amazingly long lasting but they do the job. The colours are nice and really do boost moisture levels in those lips. I tend to use these for every day wear and save the Nivea ones for special occasions.

All these for a pound each. Thanks PoundLand! 


Keep it scrimpy.

Laura











No comments:

Post a Comment