Saturday 1 December 2012

Chalkboard Mirror Tutorial

Happy 1st December everyone! 

I'm sorry for my lack of posts recently, I have been snowed under with essays and work recently but I'm taking a quick break to show you this...




I know it says Happy Birthday on it but it would also make a great Christmas present. Even better it's really cheap and simple to do.

You need.

A mirror with a large chunky frame (I got these from a charity shop for 99p)
Blackboard paint (I started out with this from amazon)
Paint brushes
Chalk (99p for 50 pieces from the works)

Next...

Simply paint around the mirror with backboard paint, I found this needed two coats to cover.
Let it dry
Write nice things around the mirror (Try sharpening the chalk to make it easier to write with)
DONE!

So easy and it looks really good!

Have you made any Christmas presents? Feel free to share them!

Keep it scrimpy.
Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment