Thursday 14 March 2013

Valentines Day gift swap. 1 Month on...

Remember this time last month? Some of you were all loved up having romantic evenings with your loved ones and I was watching Marley and Me crying into my Ben and Jerry's.

Well it wasn't all tears this valentines day, I threw myself fully into a gift swap organised by the lovely Sadie from Ladie Sadie  (check out her blog, it's a great read). Mysteriously I was paired with Lora from Lora Loves ....

Lora's blog Lora Loves is a beauty/fashion/food/lifestyle blog, basically this girl does everything! We are both relatively new to the blogging world so we both thought this would be a great opportunity to get to know some bloggers, plus this ticks off one of my new years resolutions, to be more involved in the blogging world.

So here is what I sent.
Check out Lora's post for much better photos

I borrowed this photo from Lora




The tin was filled with lots of heart shaped sweets that I had made. again a photo borrowed from Lora

One of the things I learnt about Lora was that she LOVES making lists so when I saw this I had to buy it.
This is probably the best thing I sent. I have one of my own that my mum put together before I came to uni and I just love them. I added a few recipes of my own and my flatmates donated a few as well.

I also sent Lora a copy of my favourite book 'The art of racing in the rain' . I cried and laughed then cried again when reading this book. I hope she loves it as much as I did.

What I received 
Lora was a little late posting hers to me so it arrived a little after valentines day (I thought I would wait a month simply because it's a nice round number). Oh and I'm sorry for the terrible photos I was a little too impatient.

After much anticipation this I finally picked this up from the mail room and inside...

The basic element of most student drinking games
For when I attempt to bake
This note pad has come in so useful, now I can write lists and look stylish!
p.s How cool are my pjama bottoms!?
I use these all the time and ran out just a few days before I was sent these, I'm sure Lora is psychic 
I love this, even though we aren't allowed candles in halls I have it hung up on my wall, I might even get one of those electric candles to put in it.
Now this I needed last weekend, far too much wine and Chinese food, I slept on the bathroom floor. Never again. EVER!
Lora used this text book in her first year of uni, it was really nice of her to pass it down to me.
You can never have too many mugs at uni, they are always going missing (getting broke) or not being washed up by someone! 
Nail polish is always a winner. Suprisingly in my collection of over 50 I didn't have a neon pink. Well now I do!
I was so excited to get these, I have never used any of the models own stuff before and I have been meaning to try some lip stain products for a while now (see told you Lora was psychic) 
These are just so sweet! I only really wear mascara on special occasions and my old one was getting a little past its best so now I have a replacement! The two lip balms never leave my handbag, I love the Vaseline one.
And Finally this little guys, everyone knows of my duck obsession and since I ran out of room on my window sill and long time ago this tiny little guy just about fits in the gaps.


 So a month later and I'm still loved up with my prezzies and Ben and Jerry's.

A massive thank you to Sadie for organizing the gift swap and Lora for sending me such lovely gifts


Keep it scrimpy.
Laura.



1 comment:

  1. What wonderful gifts! they really made me smile, I LOVE how much you two found out about each other, I'm so glad you joined :)
    x

    ReplyDelete