Tuesday 12 March 2013

Lookachu.

So some of you might have noticed I'm in love with all things vintage at the moment. More specifically I'm in love with Lookachu, the latest vintage/retro edition to Upper Bangor, located right next door to the Greek, anyone in Bangor really should pop in.

Run by the lovely Jackie I seriously can't keep myself out of this shop. Everything about it is beautiful Even the shop feels vintage.


I love how there are little cubby holes all around the place with new things just waiting to be discovered
And how cute are these vintage suitcases?! Filled with all sorts of little gems

I really do love the layout of this shop, I love a good rummage around but at the same time everything is so easy to find. Brilliant!

One thing I first noticed when I went into the shop was how cute the lamps were, then I realized how It was done, so simple yet so effective! 



I have had quite a few stunning purchases from Lookachu...

 This beautiful 90s dress that I also wore last week for '90s Night'



 This amazing velvet blazer and a men's shirt.
I have had so many compliments about the blazer, it fits me perfectly, I'm in love!


Recently I have indulged in some denim, I was so close to buying some dungarees apparently they shall be making a comeback this summer!

 I ended up with this denim top and a denim jacket after trying on a good 80% of the shop. I paired it with a maxi dress and turned it into a crop top, it also looks good with a dipped hem skirt.

Then this beauty popped up, this photo doesn't do it enough justice, the back has a really cute bow on and it fits like a dream!
(I had to stand on my bed to take all of these photos due to the length of the outfits)



Just when you thought this shop couldn't get any better it does! Not only do they sell Vintage/Retro clothes they also offer...
  • Air brush tattoos
  • Hair braids
  • Hair extensions 
  • Wigs 

As I said earlier, this place is really worth visiting, if you have never been to a vintage store before then this is a really good place to start, it's small (but still has a massive choice) and welcoming. If you ask nicely you might even get your own personal shopper (aka Jackie will pick out some nice things for you).

Opening hours...
Monday-CLOSED
Tuesday- 11am-5.30pm
Wednesday-11am-5.30pm
Thursday-11am-7pm
Friday-11am-5.30pm
Saturday-11am-5.30pm
Sunday-CLOSED


Address...
14 Holyhead Road
Upper Bangor
Bangor
Gwynedd


Do let me know if you pop by.

Keep it scrimpy.
Laura.


p.s don't worry about seeing the same thing every time you go in, stock is rotated weekly!

No comments:

Post a Comment