Wednesday 13 March 2013

Charity football match. Match report my style!

I went to my first football match today. It wasn't anything high flying or classy but surprisingly it was quite enjoyable. For someone like me who doesn't really do 'outside' unless there is some kind of shopping involved or I'm walking my dog, sitting in a field watching the Senergy (School of Environment, Natural Resources and Geography) Student team slaughter the Staff team 5-2 was a very new experience.

I'm not quite sure how the staff lost by so much, their keeper was as tall as the goal. Must have been either amazing playing on the student behalf or slightly sloppy playing on the staff behalf. I shall let you guess which.

The game was in aid of Comic relief and has so far raised a massive £147, well done to everyone involved, if you haven't donated yet please do!

So we headed down to the football fields loaded with picnic blankets a chippy lunch and some snacks. Richard and Chris also had pompoms to cheer everyone on.


The match itself...
Well it was a football match, what can I really say? There were 11 people on each team and they kicked a ball about for a bit. Ran up and down the pitch. Occasionally someone fell over. Occasionally someone was pushed over. The students scored a lot. Staff didn't score much. The ref was sporting rather snazzy tiger onesie and bright pink hot pants.

I might just leave the football commentary to someone who understands the offside rule.
On a lighter note, here are some photos of the day.

The ones in the fluorescent jackets are the student team 

Even I noticed a few dirty tackles, someone obviously wasn't happy with their last essay grades.


Seems Keeper Graham Bird found time to relax between letting in those 5 goals.

Literally seconds before the first of the many student goals

There seemed to be a few disagreements in the Staff team. See here, Davey Jones being put in his place by Keeper Graham Bird ( if you can call him that after letting in 5 goals).

Here we all are sat on out tiny picnic blankets from poundland (where else!?)

Student team manager Tomos is definitely the next Alex Ferguson, he had the chewing gum and everything! 

Oh look another Student Team goal.


I think watching all that running up and down has worn me out! I'm off for a nap!



Keep it scrimpy.
Laura.

1 comment:

  1. it is informative post for football.This post publish new important news about football.This post article is important and helpful for football fan's.Thanks a lot for share your great post.

    ReplyDelete