Thursday 21 March 2013

International Happiness day.

So yesterday was the first ever international happiness day, launched by the UN in order to encourage governments to consider the emotional well being of their citizens. I would never know about these things if it wasn't for twitter.

I did attempt to start this blog post yesterday but I wasn't a very happy bunny yesterday, plus I had a report to write which was the reason I wasn't a happy bunny. So in an attempt to spread some happiness, here are some of the smaller things in life that make me smile, because why should we only be happy on one day?

My dog, well any dog really. I'm off home on Saturday for Easter and the plan is to have a whole three weeks of quality Laura-Lucky time. I keep a photo of her next to my bed, she makes me smile everyday (Yes I'm a soppy git!).

This little lady is in for some serious snuggles!


Food. My life is a constant battle between wanting more food and not wanting to get fat. Everything about food is amazing cooking, eating, maybe not the washing up but still. A proper Sunday lunch will always put a smile on my face, and a cheese board with warm bread and a baked camembert ooooh....

This was possibly the best meal I have eaten since coming to uni, possibly ever. I make mean roasties and oh my god my gravy is positively orgasmic! 


A good brew. I can't make a decent brew for shit, unless you are a builder, I make a good builders brew. I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do next year without Giselle making brews for me 24/7. Can you make tea in bulk then re heat as needed?

Handing in work- The moment I put my report in the hand in box today it felt like a massive weight had been lifted, I can now finally look forwards to going home and enjoying the much needed break. The sound it make when it hits the bottom of the box it's like ' BOOM! HELL YEA GIRL YOU FINALLY DID IT! YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!' Well maybe it isn't exactly like that but it is in my head.

Being a massive geography nerd- Oh how my love my nerdy side! I was a little too enthusiastic about a 2 hour lecture on the Nitrogen cycle the other day but I don't even care I loved it (Judge me all you like I really don't care). Coasts, rivers and ecosystems are the main 'branches' of geography I get a little too excited about. I get a little too hyped up about a few case studies as well, my personal fave is The Holderness coast.

This was taken on holiday a few years ago when I dragged my Mother on a tour of the Holderness coast!
 I know I'm not alone on this one either, Richard is exactly the same with anything Tesco, although he is just obsessed.

Ducks- I think it's how they waddle, they just make me chuckle every time. And rubber ducks! They are fantastic!
Here are Jack and Jill before our trip to Italy. 



So what makes you guys smile?


Keep it scrimpy (and smiley).
Laura.


No comments:

Post a Comment