Monday 8 April 2013

R.I.P Maggie T.

I hope everyone is having a really good easter, sorry I have been neglecting the blog but I have needed a break. Now I'm back and ready to rant. Yes, sorry it's another rant post.

So I have literally JUST heard the news about Margaret Thatcher and already I have seen sick jokes floating around on Twitter and Facebook. She may not have been the most popular politician but people need to have some respect she was a mother and a grandmother. Carol and Mark Thatcher have lost their mother, regardless of politics she was a mother.

Thatcher was a great woman again regardless of her political beliefs and actions she was the first female prime minister and won three general elections. She paved the way for women in a mans world and deserves respect for that.


Her campaign manager, Airey Neave, who was instrumental to her election success was killed on 30th March 1979 by the Irish National Liberation Army who placed a bomb under his car. She also survived an assassination attempt in 1984. The attack took place on the hotel in Brighton in which she was staying for the Conservative Party Conference on the early hours of the morning on the 12th of October. After narrowly escaping injury she then insisted the conference going ahead as scheduled despite the death of 5 people. What a woman! Anyone who has the strength to carry on after an experience like that has my respect. Just imagine going through that and then carrying on the next day, I couldn't do it.

People who are sharing sick jokes literally seconds after they have heard the news of her death need to stop and think about their actions. It just makes me so angry that people have so little respect for another human being.

I'm not ashamed to say that she is one of my role models, not necessarily because of her political beliefs but because of her strength and determination as a woman. I don't think I could ever show the strength that she has in life May she rest in peace.

Keep it scrimpy.
Laura.


No comments:

Post a Comment