Wednesday 25 February 2015

Liverpool adventures


Last week we jumped on the train to Liverpool for a postgraduate fair. We decided to make a night of it and book ourselves in at the Printworks hotel.

We arrived in Liverpool a little earlier than our check in time so we decided to visit one of the many free museums in Liverpool, sadly though it was half term and the place was full of kids! Although it was nice to see so many kids in a museum. On our adventure round the museum we saw some pretty cool stuff.
So many little fishes!


Rocks, every geographer loves rocks. Also my mum wears a perfume called cinnabar, although I hope hers doesn't contain mercury like this rock does!
UNICORN BIRD! 

Richard and the anteater, I think they are both kind of cute.

After we had checked into our hotel we headed out for some food at a place called Bacaro which was proper fancy, we were a little under dressed but we sat down anyway and I'm very glad we did, the food was spectacular! The idea is that you order a few mini dishes each and share them around which I loved, it's also good for someone with a smaller appetite, either way the food was amazing and much to my surprise not too expensive with each dish being about £6/7 each  


This carbonara pizzette was amazing, it was good to find a pizza that didn't have a tomato base. Also egg on a pizza is amazing!


Now this one does look a little dodgy but to was amazing, black pudding with caramelized onion and chicken livers it was a combo that I would have never put together myself but it was so good!

Now as usual I was a little keen on the food and ate two of the dishes before I remembered to take photos of them!

 I also forgot to take decent photos of the room! You can check out the hotel here the only slight query I had was that as a pod room it was obviously small but I was shocked at the size of the bathroom, it was as big as the actual room! Why not just make a decent size room and have a regular sized bathroom? I have to say if baffled me, I wouldn't recommend staying there for more than one or two nights. We also took our own breakfasts with us, porridge pots that you just ass hot water to just to save us a bit of money.

I have to be honest I was very glad of the break, third year id proving to be very stressful! Do you have any recommendations for a cheap mini break?

Keep it Scrimpy,
Laura 



2 comments:

  1. Staying at campsites and hostels can massively bring down the cost of any trips - but obviously not something for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glamping maybe, I'm not really a camping person! X

      Delete