Saturday 21 February 2015

Dinner and a Movie with hungry house*

When Hungry House got in touch and asked me to try their dinner and a movie deal to celebrate their 9th Birthday, I was seriously excited! Sadly they don't cover Bangor however a trip to Richard's house was the perfect opportunity to try them out. Disappointingly the website only had one place that would deliver to us in Uttoxeter so an Indian it was, on Chinese New Year.

Now I have to say, I loved the Hungry House website, it was easy to navigate, the menu was clear. If you aren't sure what something is they have a handy information button that tells you what is typically found in the dish which was good for me because I have no clue about Indian food and I fancied a change from the traditional korma 


So ordering was pretty simple, you can add extra comments to individual dished as well as the order as a whole although the character limit on comments was a little annoying when I was explaining that I can't eat tomatoes. And I adore the group ordering tool, you can say who is having what and at the end it will tell you who owes how much! Brilliant if you're all ordering at uni.  


After the ordering is when our issues started, we were told clearly when out order had been accepted which was great, it was 7.12pm when we ordered, the latest our meal would be with us was 8.15pm. 8.30 rolled round and still no food, we call the restaurant and asked where our food was, the delivery man had 'just' left. Food finally turned up at 8.50. Cold. I so wanted this meal to be good. We reheated everything and sat down to eat. My meal was fine, nothing special, I had opted for a Nadroo Chicken as a change from a korma but in all honesty I couldn't really tell the difference bar a few bits of rubbery cheese. Richard had a very spicy and oil filled bunha while his mum had a chicken tikka, which by all accounts was the least disappointing of them all. We all shared three naan breads which again weren't the best I've had and some garlic rice which I hate to admit was again, lacking is awesome garlicky goodness, instead it just tasted of raw garlic. 


Overall I'd defiantly recommend ordering form hungry house if you live in a bigger city and have more choice. The website is a total delight to use and I would recommend it over others simply because of the group ordering tool! 

If you fancy a takeaway of your own this week (from Monday), hungry house have an offer where if you spend over £15 you get a £5 voucher to rent a film from CinemaNow 
Head to http://hungryhouse.co.uk to order. 

Keep it Scrimpy.

Laura.


*I was given £25 towards a meal with Hungry House and £5 towards renting a film with CinemaNow.

No comments:

Post a Comment