Tuesday 17 February 2015

Semester two, year three*.

So it's time for semester 2, it's mildly terrifying to think that this is my last semester but at the same time I'm feeling quite positive about it. I finally have some plans for next year and I'm beginning to think that it's all going to be okay, more on those post uni plans soon.


The big clean

I like to get a big clean done in January, partly because our Landlady is trying to get tenants in the house for next year and partly because I like the, idea of everything being fresh and ready for semester two.


My floor cleaner of choice is usually a mix of bleach and antiseptic*, the smell is amazing! I love cleaning wipes*, they are great for quickly dealing with spills.


The stationary shop

Quite frankly the best bit of  back to uni shopping has to be the stationary, I blooming love stationary, I'm a sucker for it. So, I was majorly happy when BIC sent me a Christmas present.



My favourite item has to be the double ended pen come stylus*, I seriously think that it's genius. 

The water bottle*

Every year a vow to be more healthy, usually just with small manageable changes, this year I want to drink more water and with this bottle it might just be possible


This would also be great for any adventurer as it purifies water. Also I love the fact that I'm not buying as much bottled water now, I'm saving some pennies and the planet! 


The brain food*
Now usually I'm not one for taking supplements, at most I take a multi vitamin if I'm feeling under the weather so when the people from brain foods contacted me with their supplement which they claim could get you a first. I was intrigued but unsure. 


When they turned up I set about taking one a day but in all honesty, I can't say I saw a difference in my concentration after a week or so, eventually my conscience caught up with me and I stopped taking them. I felt like I was somehow cheating myself. I have to admit, these have now ended up in the bin. 

Keyboard comparison* 
I was given the opportunity to compare two keyboards from Logitech and since the dreaded dissertation is now under way, I've been working at home more than ever and a keyboard has defiantly been needed. 


I really didn't get along with the K830* simply because it was a pain in the arse to type on, the lack of feet to prop it up meant that I couldn't type for long, not what you need when you're trying to write a dissertation. I get that it looks good but I wouldn't buy technology just because it looks good, it's got to work for me and I'm afraid that this just didn't. 


The K750* however, was perfect, the lack of cables and batteries mean that you can work literally any time, this keyboard feels so much better than the K830*. It's supportive so no hurty wrists after an hour or two! It's perfect for dissertation writing, I love the number pad, something I find that wireless keyboards seems to lack. Although I have to say, I liked the light up keys from the K830*.

So that's my semester two well and truly under way. Have you made any changes this semester? 

Keep it Scrimpy,
Laura. 

*Everything marked with a * was sent to me to review and feature on this blog. I'm honest about all the products I'm sent and unless stated, all views are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment