Tuesday 26 July 2016

I graduated!

The title kind of gives this one away. So no prizes for guessing what I got up to when I returned to Bangor!


I had an amazing day celebrating with some amazing people. I finished work at 3pm, jumped on a train, read books, got to Bangor, stayed with Jane and Chris, woke up, met Richard, got gowns and photos done. Met my family, ate lunch, sat in a hall, waited, waited more, walked across the stage, shook two men's hands, collected an envelope, sat down, waited more, reunited with the family, drank free cava, ate free cake, chatted with lectures, said bye to family, went home, went out for tea, pub, home, bed. 


We had the best tapas for lunch!

I wore a rather fabulous dress from debenhams, I did have a dress from Tesco initially but I later found that it was a little see through. The shoes were also from debenhams and luckily for me they didn't rip my feet up as I didn't have time to wear them in!  

Graduating can be hard, I needed to put my feet up!

It was also a day to look back and thank everyone who has helped me through the past four years. To all my friends and family you're all amazing and I really couldn't have done this with out you. A few people deserve a mention though, firstly Tomos. Tomos was my peer guide, he was the first person I met when I came to Bangor, and throughout my time at Bangor he was happy to help.  He was also the person who introduced me to Richard. I guess I owe him a lot. 

Thank you Tomos!
All of my friends, Jane, Chris, Rose, Al,Hannah, Sarah, Sara, Wiwi and Malsha (and so many more) you've all been so wonderful and supportive. From ordering pizza with me to late night computer sessions, I loved every second of it. 

Couldn't have done it without them!

Lastly Richard. I really couldn't have done it without you. You've been my rock, you've made me laugh, you've held me when I've cried but most importantly you've just been you and I couldn't have asked for anyone better to have shared this experience with. 

He's a good egg!

Keep it Scrimpy,
Laura. 

No comments:

Post a Comment