Wednesday 19 June 2013

Bangor- Year One.

Well I'm finally back home after a crazy 39 weeks at uni, even though my exams finished nearly a month ago I wanted to save this post until I got home for summer.

This year has been a whirlwind to say the least, I arrived in September a little nervous but totally ready to finally leave home. My only regrets from this year are from freshers week, as much as I did throw myself into various activities I chose to stick with my flat rather than get involved with Senrgy activities and as a result it took me a little longer to find friends on my course.

Flat living was a bit of love hate, to most people it's common knowledge that I have never really seen eye to eye with most of my flat mates. One thing I have learnt is that people have very different ideas of what is clean. On the other hand I have loved living away from home and the independence that came along with it.









I couldn't have asked for a better course this year, I've loved it. My lectures have all been really friendly, a special thanks to Graham and Sian who have both put up with me through at least one emotional breakdown .

Socially this year has been a story of two halves before Christmas I wasn't really an out out person, I'm not a fan of nightclubs at the best of times. I'm not very good in crowds especially when I can't hear someone stood right next to me (I know I sound about 50). I've always been a pub person and in Bangor there are enough of them to go around. I think because it took me a little longer to find my place within a group it took me a little longer to find my feet and go out out on a regular basis.

Post Christmas I was a lot more comfortable within myself and my group of friends and I finally got some of my confidence back, fast forwards to Easter and I was out more than ever! Post exams included many day trips out and about with Team GeogSoc.

Here they are, my crazy bunch of friends. I love them all.

Overall I couldn't have asked for a better year, yea it didn't end as we had hoped but somethings we can't control. Bring on 2nd year!


Keep it Scrimpy.
Laura.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like overall it was a pretty good year! I lived in a block with 30 people sharing one kitchen, and honestly, we didn't always see eye to eye!

    And the clubbing was tough, as I'm not a huge fan either, but felt quite pressured into it, it's safe to say I'm glad to be home now!

    I've followed you on bloglovin' and GFC :)

    Great blog!

    missisgoode.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 30 people to one kitchen sounds like my worst nightmare!

      It's awful that you felt pressured into clubbing but I see where you're coming from, I was very lucky my friends are so considerate of it all.

      Thanks!

      xxx

      Delete