Wednesday 5 June 2013

Confessions of exam season

Well wasn't May a little bit crazy? Normal blogging services will now resume. Today's confessions relate to my procrastination during my exams. Since my exams are now over I feel no guilt whatsoever in sharing my procrastination methods with you.

I found that my procrastination was split into two catogries, activities that in no way related to geography and then those that I endlessly tried to kid myself are somehow related to geography and are therefor classed as revision.


Things in no way related to revision 
Youtube
Oh cat videos and F.R.I.E.N.D.S clips, I watched 2 hours of friends Phoebe's greatest moments once.

Facebook
The biggest distraction ever, everyone at home seemed to be out enjoying the nice weather, my mum was out shopping and my sister was having classy nights out at the theater. Then there was me, eating chocolate biscuits in my pjamas.


Tidying
I have never had such a tidy room, it got to the point where I was running out of things to tidy, I cleaned by bathroom three times in two days once.

Pub trips
Well sometimes you need a break from revision, although if you hadn't started that day's revision yet I don't think it can be called a break. More of a warm up.

Things I was trying to kid myself were actually revision 

Colouring in 
Well I'm a geographer, it's what we do. I needed to practice for when I was drawing diagrams and obviously the colouring in is very important!

Geography innuendos 
This has to be my highlight of procrastination, here are a few of my highlights:

“Do you have an OS  map, because I just got lost in your eyes."

“You're so hot, you must be the cause for global warming.”

“If you were an air mass you'd be tropical maritime because you're so damn hot! And wet...”

“You can come feel my contours”


“Not even continental drift could keep me away from you.”

And my personal favourite... 
“Do you have the number for the Ordnance Survey? Because I'd like to report an area of outstanding natural beauty”


So there you have it, please share your top procrastination methods, I could give some ago myself.


Keep it scrimpy,
Laura 


No comments:

Post a Comment