Wednesday 30 December 2015

Goodbye 2015

Well with 2015 almost behind us I thought it was about time for me to review the year, and what a year it has been!

Quite frankly 2015 began in the worst possibly way, pooch died. It was the single most devastating thing I've ever experienced. It was all so fast and so sudden. I still miss her every day but she had a pretty good life

She was a pretty awesome dog.


Things were generally uphill from there uni was going well and I went into 2015 knowing that I was getting at least a 2:1 it was a pretty good place to be. Dissertation was stressful but looking back rocking up to Thoday with my slippers in my bag and setting myself up for a full day's work in comfort are some of my highlights. Getting the dissertation finished was amazing, actually seeing and holding the bound finished thing was unbelievable. Then came my final exams, again they weren't too bad and I have to say, eating a KFC family bucket and gateau between Hannah and I is one of the most surreal exam moments ever. 

We polished the whole thing off!
Fast forwards to July, I was so proud of all my friends at their graduation. They worked damn hard for three years and I was honoured to share their day with them. Also the night out afterwards was great! The middle of July meant my birthday and Richard and I headed to London to visit the Harry Potter studios, he also sprung the surprise on me that we were going to see Mamma Mia so we then had to spend the rest of the day trying to find me something to wear. We also visited Madame Tussauds which was so much better than I was expecting! The Star Wars exhibition was amazing, getting a selfie with Yoda was awesome.

I couldn't ask for better friends or a more beautiful university.
YODA!
The end of July came far too quickly and we were soon heading out to start our year on the farm. The last five months have flown by, it's been tough but I've met some amazing people from all over the world. We've had visits from my dad who supplied us with cheese and gravy and Jo and Jade who came to teach us more about the horses and give us some much needed riding lessons. 

My dad came to visit!

Just horseying around!
November and December brought mud to the farm, mud like I have never seen it before. It also brings Christmas though so I'll put up with the mud for that. Christmas also meant a week at home. What a week! It was so busy but I loved every second, I really missed family and friends while I was away. I even managed to squeeze in some sales shopping! As a family we are ending the year on a sad note but we are all sticking together. I'm now back in the Czech Republic to finish 2015 on the farm.

I hope you had a good Christmas,  Rhonda wasn't impressed with tinsel.


I hope you all had a good 2015, I'll be posting a resolutions type post soon. 

Keep it Scrimpy,
Laura. 

No comments:

Post a Comment