Friday 6 June 2014

Bangor- Year 2


So today I'm heading home, second year is done and because I really don't want to pack just yet I'm going to take this time to reflect on the year just passed.

I'm 2/3rds of the way through my time here. This year actually counted towards my degree. This time next year I'll have to be a proper grown up and get a job. Those three things are a little scary.



Looking back this year has been an emotional roller-coaster probably with more downs than ups but one thing I have learnt is that my friends are amazing, they have all been there for me when I needed them. Semester 1 was probably the easier of the two semesters while semester two just dragged,there was a point where I seriously questioned why I was at university and whether or not I wanted to stay on, luckily some very good friends and patient lecturers took the time to talk me through it all and I'm now a lot happier and in no way do I want to leave now, I'm ready to take on third year.

It's not all been doom and gloom though...
Fresher's week was great, I'm looking forwards to being a peer guide again this year with another amazing team.
So many amazing GeogSoc socials, thank you to this years committee you've all been amazing. 
Christmas and summer balls with Geogsoc were, yet again, amazing!
I even had fun on our Geography Outdoor module, here's me facing my fear of crabs.

The Geography trip to the Southwest was very memorable indeed! We got to visit mine sites, china clay pits, slate quarries and best of all The Eden Project.

Our holiday to Corfu came at just the right time, I had been very stressed and desperately needed a break. Also seeing Richard on a horse was hilarious!

While we did have to say goodbye to some very good friends this year, I think we gave them all a good sending off and whether they are graduating, taking a year abroad or doing a placement year they will all be fabulous.

So that's another year done, I'll post more about my summer plans soon.


Keep it scrimpy,
Laura.







No comments:

Post a Comment