Tuesday 20 May 2014

Latest bargain buys

It's been an amazing couple of weeks, exams are now over and I'm now finished for second year! Over the past few weeks I seem to have refreshed my wardrobe due to a considerable amount of procrastination shopping and some amazing sales. Today, partly to cheer myself up after a disastrous exam yesterday and partly because I've been dying to for ages, I headed to Upper Bangor to my favourite vintage shop and spoilt myself with even more new clothes, then on my way home I popped into a charity shop and found myself, once again indulging myself in new books, here's a quick tour of my favourite purchases from the past few weeks.




I'll go over most of it in more detail later although I forgot to take more photos of the handbag, it's so pretty, it was £8 in the ASDA sale and it's quickly become a firm favourite. I'm not one for a small handbag and this one doesn't seem to have a bottom!

Clothes...so many clothes.


This dress is one of many I discovered on the SportsDirect website, this one cost £3.99 I loved it so much I got it in blue as well. I've never shopped on-line with SportsDirect but I definitely would again, delivery was super speedy.


Now this mystery package was today's treat,

Firstly, I loved the packaging, why use a carrier bag when you can use a vintage scarf!? Now these three beauties did set me back more than I would usually pay for clothes but I fancied treating myself. The playsuit on the right cost me £27, the trousers in the middle cost me £4.50 and the maxi dress on the left cost another £27. I love shopping at Lookachu, everyone in Bangor needs to pay a visit Jackie is just so lovely, pretty sure I tried on most things in the shop today.

Hair Curlers... 

The hair curlers pictured in the first photo are my first venture into the world of hair curlers and I'm really impressed with them! They are Argos value hair curlers and come in at an amazing £3.78! I love having my hair curly and until two weeks ago I could never curl my own hair, I was seriously hopeless! My hair stayed fabulous and curly all day, and I'm not going to lie, I looked pretty fabulous! 

Books...
Now I've been really spoiling myself with books recently, I have a whole pile of cook books, craft books and a whole pile of fiction books. My particular favourites here and the Campbell and Reece Biology book, which is a stupidly expensive text book, I snapped that bad boy up for an amazing £1. The make do and mend book cost me 50p and it's full of WW2 leaflets and advice. I'm very tempted to do a post dedicated to all the books I've collected recently. 

There's so much more I could have shared! Have you had any bargains recently? Feel free to share!



Keep it Scrimpy,
Laura. 

1 comment:

  1. looking snazzy! will have to pay a visit to lookachu!

    ReplyDelete