Tuesday 5 February 2013

Clearasil seal to clear. Review.

Over the past few weeks my skin has been a pain in the arse! To be fair I have very good skin, it is VERY rare for me to ever get spots but since coming to uni I've had about three (major shocker!). Usually when I get red blotches, I whack on some tee tree cream and then they are gone in about half an hour but every now and then one of those really painful red, under the skin spots come up. My latest appeared right between my eyes! Imagine my horror when I saw that beast in the morning!

So off I popped to my beloved Poundland in search for something to get rid of it.

I came out with Clearasil seal to clear gel for just £1. 

What it claims to do
1-provide an invisible seal that protects the spot as it clears
2-Reduce redness in 4 hours

What it actually does

Before


After (4 hours later)
Please don't judge me by the state of my eyebrows or the massive bags under my eyes.

So you can all judge for yourself if it reduces redness in 4 hours or not. although one word of warning...
This stuff massively dries your skin out. I ended up with dry skin all round that area,although this was quickly fixed with a bout of body butter.

Round up...

Plus points
I don't have the spot anymore

Negative points
Leaves skin feeling a little worse for wear

Overall I wouldn't buy it again, it just does too much damage to my skin, I shall stick to my tee-tree cream thank you very much.


Do you guys have any home spot remedies? Feel free to share!

p.s This stuff is £6.99 in boots so well done to Poundland for giving such great value for money!

Keep it scrimpy.
Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment