Thursday 18 October 2012

The grand tour!

So I thought I best give you all a tour of my beautiful room I call home. I like to show it off, I’m bloody paying enough for it!
Most of the rooms here in Bangor are en suite, the only ones that aren't are the ones not on the main accommodation campus , they are old and smell funny. So here I am in my en suite room, basic with bed desk and wardrobe and then in the shower room toilet, sink and small/tiny shower. As basic as it is I like to think I have made it feel like home

Bangor university Alaw hallsFirst up we have my sweet little bed. There is a big draw hidden under the bed where i keep 'spares' so towels pajamas , bras , and bedding and a few other things I couldn't find a home for. Behind my bed is a horrible curtain! I hate it with a passion but the uni wont let me change it so I suppose I will have to learn to love it. On my window you can just about see my duck collection. I collect rubber ducks... don't judge me. My washing basket resides at the bottom of my bed and I love how on this photo you can see my little alcohol stash.

Bangor University Alaw halls bedroom

My desk area is very rarely this tidy. Lecture notes very quickly swamp me. My two shelves are put to good use, one I set aside as a Harry Potter themed shelf the other has my books a DVDs on (I don't have a TV licence) My notice board should be probably be put to better use, right now it has a few assignments and post it notes on and all my receipts for when I sort my budget at the end of the week.
Bangor University halls en-suiteFinally my bathroom, well shower room. It's a good size and does it's job. The shower curtain isn't really long enough and you have to be very careful not to flood your room. Seriously, a girl a few floors above me flooded her whole room the other day. There is a huge mirror above the sink which is great. It's a really easy room to keep clean. With there being so little floor space I don't tend to mop up, I just use bathroom wipes and give the floor a quick wipe.
So that's my beautiful room. How did you make your room feel like home? 

Keep it scrimpy,
Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment