Tuesday 18 August 2015

What I packed - Hand Luggage

I'm So we are now in the Czech Republic, we flew out here in the 24th July and we have loved every second of it. But before I rush into telling you all about our adventures I thought I would share with you what I packed and what I actually found useful in my hand luggage since I typically over pack!

Us at Brno Airport, accompanied by a lot of luggage!
Food!


Now this is a no brainier for me, it was an early flight, we had to be up at 4am and I really don't like eating early in a morning, so to save myself a small fortune and the horrors of aeroplane food, I packed some breakfast bars for later on. I also had a few of my favourite sweets and nibbles to keep me going while I'm out here.


Books

Now I love books however bringing half my bookshelf wasn't an option, if I was flying for a week I'd pack a book or two, for this flight I had my Czech guide book and horse book, both of which I'll be using all year. For everything else I have my kindle, I'm not sure how I'm going to get along with it but that's for another post.

Headphones

Children, children everywhere! I just popped my headphones in a blocked them out. I was actually sent theses headphones (or earphones as they are referred to on the website) by a company in Sweden called Sudio, I was lucky enough to be sent the Klang model. They're amazing quality and after going through a string of pound land headphones that just fell to bits after one use or got crushed at the bottom of my bag, I have to say I am thrilled with these. They're just so sleek and stylish, look how beautiful they are! 

If you are looking for a pair you can get 15% off with the code  Thescrimpystudent15 (Free worldwide shipping)


Technology
Oh how much lighter my bag would have been without my phone, laptop, iPad and kindle! That said, they were all needed and very much necessary! 

After that, I had some overnight things since we stayed in a hotel the night before our flight and I didn't fancy digging in my suitcase. Obviously my important documents and money stayed with me. I also had a smaller handbag in my carry on, just so when we got there I could chuck the bigger bag in the boot of the car an keep my purse with me. 

My bag itself was by a company called Goji, I actually purchased it specifically for this trip. It's a camera/technology bag but I just love it. The big main compartment actually came with removable inners which Velcro in and are little squares which protect things like lenses but by removing it there's plenty of space. There is also a dedicated, very well protected laptop pouch which actually fitted my laptop, iPad and kindle in. A further two pockets housed my books, money and planner. I'm really chuffed with this bag, it's well made, comfortable and roomy, I'd happily take it for a weeks holiday. 

The flight itself was actually really pleasant, it was a lot shorter than I expected, we landed something like 20 mins early, although this did mean that our lift which was only going to be 20 mins late was then 40 mins late but we found a cafe and with the snacks in my bag we were quite happy! 


What's in your hand luggage? 

Keep it Scrimpy,
Laura. 

No comments:

Post a Comment