Tuesday 29 October 2013

Scrimpy Scrabble Magnets

I've been meaning to share this with you for a while but it's been a crazy few weeks! Hopefully now I'll be able to pull myself together and get back to blogging! 




So when I came back to uni this year I moved into my student house (complete with sea views!) and as a house warming present I decided to make some scrabble magnets.

What you need
All you need is a few simple and cheap materials and you're away!

  • I picked up the scrabble tiles from various charity shops
  • The magnetic sheets are available from amazon  for £3.84 with free delivery 
  • Super glue, available everywhere, I got loads from Poundland 
  • You also need a ruler and a craft knife (I used one of my Dad's pen knives)


How to.... (it's dead simple)
You just need to measure your scrabble tiles, I used 1cm x 1cm squares, divide the magnetic sheets up into squares, cut and then stick them to the tiles. 

Then...BOOM! You're done! 

Whack them on the fridge and let the games begin! 

These make great Christmas presents, everyone loves a game of scrabble! 


Keep it scrimpy
Laura.





2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea! I'll definitely have a go at this, thanks :)

    Helen x

    http://treasureeverymoment01.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, I would never have thought of it, can't wait to try it!

    Sophie
    http://mockingbirdleigh.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete