Saturday 17 November 2012

Homemade Christmas decorations

Well I'm fully into the swing of Christmas, yesterday was spent putting a 9 hour playlist together on Spotify. Today I have started decorating my room with some home made decorations.

Usually I like to buy Christmas decorations in the January sales but I failed to bring any to uni with me  steal any from home. Either way I am not paying £1 for 2m of crappy tinsel, yes I'm looking at you Morrisons and Poundland! So this year I'm making my own, unless anyone would like to post me some decorations. Please?

Here is what I have so far.


Paper Chains

homemade christmas decorations

These are brilliant, they reminded me so much of my childhood . Simply loop long rectangles of paper together.



 Woven paper balls.


These were hard. This is how they are supposed to look, mine....not so much.
I wont be attempting this again. They look good online but for me, they take a little too much concentration

 Woven hearts.


The tutorial is here for a basket style one, I just followed the first few steps to make a more 2D wall hanging.
I'm going to do a few more of these in more christmassy colours.
(Please excuse the fact the glue is still wet).

 What I plan to make

Pom poms! 
Like these here . Again I used to make these as a kid and I simply adore them.
Pine cones covered in glitter.
Remember making those as a kid? Glitter every where!
Christmassy Bunting
It seems to be all the rage in shops this year
Something that smells nice
I love the smell of Christmas, if I manage to make something that captures the 'smell of Christmas' I will let you know


Have you made any Christmas decorations? Feel free to share them below!

Keep it scrimpy.
Laura.

1 comment: