Saturday 18 June 2016

Life lately.

I think this has been the longest time I've gone without blogging. I'd apologise but I've just not felt like it and I really don't see the point in forcing myself to blog and just producing crap for you guys. I'd rather take a good break, get my life sorted and start again. So that's what I've done. I'll start by telling you what's been going on lately. Then I'll fill you in on the starting again bit!



So we got back from Czech way back in February! We had a few weeks relaxing and adjusting to life back in the UK, then it was time to start job hunting! Richard was quite lucky and someone contacted him and offered him a job (lucky thing!). I started looking around locally and applied for a few different jobs, I'm still a little sad I didn't get a job in Waterstones. I ended up having an interview at a local hotel to join the receptionist team and got the job. I spent about a month training and now I'm a proper receptionist! I love the team, everyone is really helpful and generally quite kind when I cock things up which is nice! 

The other big change in our lives has been four legged and fluffy! Yes, we adopted a dog. For those of you who have been following this blog for a while you may know that Lucky passed away in January 2015. 



It's been a long time coming but as soon as I had a stable place to live and a full time job I knew it would only be a matter of time before we got another dog. We spent a good few weeks trawling round rescue centres looking for the right dog. 


Finally we found Oscar and it was just meant to be, as soon as I saw him I just knew. We saw him on the Monday and we picked him up on the Wednesday. I was so glad nobody adopted him on the Tuesday! Thank you to the staff at Cheshire dogs home who were so helpful and guided us through the process. Please if you are looking for a dog to join your family, consider a rescue dog. 


As you can see, life has changed a lot over the past few months and if I'm honest I feel I've outgrown the typical student lifestyle. Living and working in Czech I felt quite disconnected from student life and since coming home I've begun to work full time, and again I'm feeling like I'm moving on from student life so as a result I think it's about time I moved this blog forwards. I want to keep my old content, I hope some of it might be useful to someone, so over the next few weeks I'll be rebranding the blog, there will be a new name, new logos, new banners and email addresses. I hope you'll all stick with me in this new adventure!

Keep it Scrimpy,
Laura. 

2 comments:

  1. Good update and hello Oscar! Glad to hear your moving your blog forward rather than just stopping. Will be good to read about your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good year so far! :)

    ReplyDelete