Wednesday 1 October 2014

Making a room feel like home with Dunelm*

After a busy freshers' week I'm finally back into the swing of things. When I moved back to uni this year I decided that my room just was not homely enough, so with the help of the lovely people of Dunelm Mill I set about making my very magnolia room feel a little more cosy.


Firstly, I wanted something practical and money saving, Bangor gets blooming chilly in the winter and I've always wanted a massive fluffy blanket that I can wrap myself up in to avoid putting the heating on. When I found this Teddy Bear Throw I was just in love. IT'S SO FLUFFY!

The double size that I got cost £19.99, the smaller size is £9.99

I don't have my own photo of this because when I got it I took it over to Richard's house, now it's been hijacked by his housemates. When I eventually get it back I'll put my own photo in. I opted for a neutral colour so that it would go with any of my sets of bedding although the downside of this is that it shows up every mark and I'm terrified of someone spilling stuff on it! 
 
My next target area was my desk, I seriously dislike my desk, it's just awful. I'm considering covering at least the top in wall paper or something! Anyway I wanted a few little bits and bobs that would make it a nicer place to spend some time. So here's what I got:


This was £3.49 in the sale, I can't seem to find it online but there were plenty in store.
I've been looking for something to store photos in for a while, I'm not about a boring album and I only have a limited amount of wall space. This box was cute and quirky also I'm a sucker for anything 'vintage'







These two are great, I own so many little things that never really had homes, well now they do! Headphones, jewelry and crafting glitter all reside in these dinky little boxes. Again found in the sale and both costing £3.99 each.

My morning motivation, and it only costs £3.49!
Next is my morning motivation. I love this, I'm not saying it always works but some mornings it definitely helps to see a little positivity before I crawl out of bed. You can get your own one here

Finally, I went for some more practical things. 


I first smelt the candles they had of this but then remembered that we aren't really supposed to have candles in our house and knowing my luck I would burn the house down. So, just to be on the safe side, I went for this, it smells bloody amazing! I've always loved Jasmine, it reminds me of holidays to Greece.





















Lastly we have this, I was so excited when I saw it, I just had to have it. I mean come on, those compartments are brilliant! No? Just me...? Okay then. Well it's practical and the little compartments mean I still get to snack which makes me very happy, although at £5.99 it is a little pricy for a lunch box but if it encourages me to have more packed lunches then I'm all for it!

Now it's safe to say my room feels a lot me homely, and I'm really impressed with my desk, who knows, I might actually sit at it this year and hopefully I'll be having more packed lunches as well! I had no idea Dunelm did such a wide range of products, I always thought it was just bedding and material, I have been pleasantly surprised, I'd definitely recommend it as a place to get your back to uni goodies.

Any advice on how you make your room feel more homely? Do share!

Keep it Scrimpy,
Laura


*These products were paid for by Dunelm Mill in order for me to produce this post, this in no way influences my opinion on the products mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment